Today is Nate's Birthday! There are no gifts bought for him to open. We don't have the birthday sign up. There isn't excitement in the air. We are just sharing memories of our favorite little man and trying to celebrate his life today as he would have turned eleven. Last year at this time, he didn't have an end to his life story. And this year he does, and he had an amazing MAGICAL life and has touched so many people. We have been so touched as SO many have remembered him or us this month through phone calls, cards, gifts and prayers. God bless those who are filling us with LOVE! You know, I'm sure Nate is happy today! I'm sure he's busy and spreading his magical smile! We three just wish we could be the receivers of his smile and hugs today. He gave the best hugs. He'd say "BEEG HUCK" in preparation for a big hug coming. Miss you like crazy Nate! Happy Birthday BUD!
Pic below taken at Rapid City, South Dakota airport waiting so patiently to see if we could get on our next flight. We didn't and spent another night there.
This pic was taken on the steps of the Nauvoo temple with his best friend and SISTER!This pic was taken in April 2011 (1 month before he passed away.) Our spring break with the Fairchild's in Goblin Valley.
This wreath was made by my friend Brittney at the first of May. This will be our MAY wreath. May, because of his birthday, and because he passed away at the end of the month. Yellow for happy! He was always Happy! Buses because he could never have enough bus rides. When we'd fly somewhere, his favorite part was the bus. He rode the bus from the crew parking lot, then we got on a plane to fly somewhere, then he knew typically we'd ride a bus to go get our rental car. He always anticipated and asked about the bus, especially every morning before school. Then there are his initials in perfect white writing (white for clean and pure!) And a picture of Christ because Nate was the MOST christ-like person EVER! What a beautiful representation of the most amazing boy!
THANK YOU Brittney!
We have an anonymous giver who has given us something every Sunday since Nate's passing. Today (Friday) this was on the doorstep early this morning. These people have been so generous and have touched our hearts with their sweet notes. These people are amazing poets. Each gift, treat, item has been so carefully thought out. We have just been so amazed at their generous out pouring of love to us. Cute things like lemonade and lemons with cute green cups, Ikea ice tray, bus cookies, Halloween cookies, a scarecrow. Cute little candy dishes. Chocolate turkeys. A gift card to the little ice cream store by us, and flowers on many occasions. We loved it all, and especially that Rush Card Game. Thank you for remembering us, and remembering Nate. I wish I knew who it was to give them a "BEEG HUCK!" (BIG HUG.) Really and Sincerely, I hope God is blessing them for their love and service to our family!





7 comments:
Happy Birthday Nato-O. Thanks for your example in handling hard things, big smile, and teaching us what it means to have a pure heart. I'm sure you are accomplishing great things in heaven and hope that you still get to enjoy buses!
Hope you have a "Happy Day" Jenny and Ashley. Love You from Mexico City.
I love thinking back on the fun memories with Nathan. I love that boy. He is the busiest spreader of smiles. I am sure he is in heaven busy as ever!
What a beautiful post! My eyes are full of wetness, but it is a great wetness. My boys will NEVER forget what a wonderful friend Nate was. He had more positive sunshine impact on the BCCB clan in that short 4 years than we can express. We love you buddy! xoxo
That wreath is awesome! It is so cute. How sweet of your friend to make it for you. We love that Nato. He brought so much joy and laughter to our family! You guys are in our prayers! We love you!
Love this sweet boy and his sweet family. You guys really are examples of being strong enough to bend, and I know that the Lord knew you could handle this. What a compliment to you all. Not that that makes it any easier. Love you!!
Nat
Thanks for sharing him with us Jenny! What an amazing wreath and "secret gift-giver"! I love those stories! I am sure all of the love and support you receive helps others to heal as well. Your family is beyond gracious and faithful! I know Nate is proud of you all! Love- D
Post a Comment