Wednesday, February 24, 2010

hoping to adopt!

Well, we have our papers in and our case worker is waiting for our background checks to come back, and then we can move forward on this adoption application. We are super excited about having another little one in our home! We went to an adoption seminar this last weekend and learned so much and were spiritually uplifted. The Lord works in mysterious ways! I'm so thankful for the atonement!
We have a lot of information about open adoption. We'd love to share it with anyone! Now days birth parents get online and look through profiles and choose couples from the ITSABOUTLOVE.org SOOO, it is all about marketing yourself. Some birth parents choose couples whom they already know. So, if you know of anyone who is looking to place their baby, we'd love for you to refer us!

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

We're all over it!!! So DANG excited for you and for the experience to come!!!

xoxox

Melinda said...

Jenny, I am so excited for you! I didn't know you were looking at adoption. I hope you get a baby fast and if I do run across anyone, for sure I will tell them about your family! We will be in this same place after Jason is done with school! I will have to get together with you as the time gets closer to get some good info from you. We haven't looked into anything since just dealing with school is so overwhelming. Good Luck!!

Ariane said...

Yea! I'm so excited for your family. I hope the wait is short for that special spirit and birth mom to come into your life!

Brigette Little said...

I am so excited for your wonderful family! That will be one lucky baby that gets to join you!

Mary Jo said...

I think you are such an awesome family you should get two children! I need more little nieces and nephews! Love you, you are in our prayers.

Penrod Family said...

You are the greatest! Thank you for your visit and your testimony. I immediately called Ben after you left and had to share with him your amazing story. Thank you for your constant example and strength. Love the pic of Nate, great job miss Jen! xoxo Chan

Jennifer said...

I am so excited for you guys. That will be so much fun to have another nephew or niece! I'm taking a class right now and we have talked a lot about adoption and it is such a great thing. There are so many kids who need good families!

Natalie said...

Oh someone is just about to get so lucky! What a wonderful, fun, loving, happy family to get to be a part of! Wanna adopt a 31 year old? :) She's already potty trained, sleeps through the night (sometimes), and she makes a mean spinach dip!

Denice said...

Love Love Love the post... anxious to hear more. xoxo Db

soda girl said...

I am extremely excited about this. I can't wait!
I have been wanting another baby in our house for a LONG time. Sooner or later, we will get a child. I am SO DANG EXCITED! Can't you all ready smell the messy diapers?

XOXOXO Ashley

andrea said...

every time I think about this I get so excited! I love you guys!

Kate said...

What awesome news! Some birth mother is going to be so thrilled once she finds you guys. mmmmmm.....would a billboard be too much? :)