They are serving a mission there for our church. I haven't been to this city since I was 18, so it was fun to see it from a different perspective this time.
We saw and did so many wonderful things, but I only posted some highlights from the trip.
We went inside a lighthouse, up a lot of steps.


On the subway, we rode it a lot! One time Nate got mushed between two people, he never complained. He is Such a great guy!

Yes, of course we rode the ferry out to the statue of liberty, then over to Ellis Island. We learned some new things about these places!

Time Square! Nothing but excitement here for us! Lots of lights, action, so many things to explore.
Ash got her wish by going in the AMERICAN GIRL store.
This is that Schwartz toy store. Yep, this is chewbawka (sp?) made out of lego's. WAY COOL!
The rest of the pics are at CENTRAL PARK. This was my first time going here. A dream come true! We still didn't see everything we wanted to and we were there for hours! It is HUGE!
This is my mom-in-law Carol, dancing.
This is on the second floor of the Belvedere Castle with the city in the background.
Groovy trees all throughout the park.
Lots of bridges! This is Nate having fun running and I was chasing him. It was cold, so that is why he has gloves on.
We arrived in NYC on thurs. at 7am. (So we had been up all night, because our flight left at 11:55pm on Wed.) Anytime we were sitting, we were bobbing because we were SOOO tired. We wanted to stay until Mon. morning. But the flight loads for Mon. were horrible, so we came home early on Sun. morning. It was all worth it. The kids were AWESOME! And it was so enjoyable to see all the things that Bob & Carol had talked about. FUN memories!
6 comments:
How fun is this. You guys are the most active family I know. Always jet setting to different places and such. It looks like it was a great trip and you packed a ton of stuff into a short time.
So fun! What an experience for your kids. I haven't been to NY since HS, but I loved it then. I'm so glad you guys got to go.
You have sold me! I would love to go to NYC. The pics are fun, fun, fun. I (Heart) the one of you and Ash, too cute. Coh is going to die when I show him the one of Mr. Steve and his buddy Nate, with a life size Star Wars Figurine. My sons dream! Incredible. We need to go on a run so you can tell me all about it. Wait do you think I can keep my mouth shut the whole time so that you can talk? (HUGE SMILE) Love you Jen, so grateful that you had a good time!
That one of Ash looking out the subway window is like ART... maybe she will go back there someday as a missionary or a ballet dancer or as a student... fun! It is an awesome city!
I'm jealous you got to see the Statue of Liberty. We never got there when I was back there on the tour. I'm glad you had such a good time.
It looks cold out there! Glad you guys had a great time, love the pics.
Post a Comment