I used to hate when Steve would listen to talk radio in the car with the family. Because him listening, took priority over our conversation (sometimes.) And these people just always seem to be upset about something, it just seemed SOO intense! And sometimes when he would listen to it on the way home from work (in houston) he would just be in a NOT SO NICE mood when he came home. (He admits to that!)
Well, I'm becoming more informed with issues around the world by listening to talk radio. It is not often that I tune in but...none the less, I'm a talk radio listener. Which a few years ago, I would have been humiliated to admit. SO I'M OUT!
SEAN HANNITY - We sometimes listen to him.
DAVE RAMSEY is AWESOME! He is inspiring and humble and says so much that I agree with. He is all about MONEY and getting out of debt. He has a book called "Total Money Makeover." I recommend it to everyone, wether you are in debt or not. His life story is intriguing! I like that he is a Christian and believes that following Jesus Christ should always be our first desire.

And Mr. Glen Beck (say it with a lisp, it sounds better.)

And Mr. Glen Beck (say it with a lisp, it sounds better.)
I admire his courage, but don't always agree with him. But, he's interesting to listen to.
So, who do you listen to? Or what do you listen to? I'm curious to know!
So, who do you listen to? Or what do you listen to? I'm curious to know!Also, while at Brian & Andrea's house, Ash said I want to talk more politics (she wanted to share her opinion.) I love that!
14 comments:
SWeettT! You know we are hooked up out here. We've had this conversation and I had to cut back after the 2004 election. It was making me physically ill to listen but now that I only tune in now and then...all is well.
Michael Medved is very entertaining. I also like Hugh Hewitt and Bill Bennett has a very soothing voice. And Dennis Praeger is entertaining.
I also like those you mentioned in your post.
Michael Savage is good for a rousing Brooklyn rant and always seems a little out there but again...entertaining {sometimes infuriating}!
I like the new header picture, too! Very cute
I listen to some of the same, although I've never listened to Dave Ramsey. I'll have to check that out. I realized that I was listening (and talking) politics a lot when my 3 year old told me recently, "Mom - I'm going to fight Barack Obama with my good ideas!" Go Joseph! I have to cut back sometimes, too. You can only take so much some days...
Where do I put the lisp on Glen Beck's name... I want to try that, it might sound cool... ;) I get frustrated sometimes with the talk radio that B listens to, more like RANT radio I feel like... but I always enjoy some good NPR!!! I enjoy the talk radio sometimes, just not too much of it...
I am not a radio listener at all. Every time I have turned it on some crap (songs) comes on and I don't want the kids to listen to it. I get made fun of it a lot but I don't care. Jason listens to a lot of talk radio and I listen when we are in his car. I don't think I would mind listening to the talk radio, I just have no idea where to find it. I am truly clueless when it comes to the radio.
Dave only has girls, by the way. Two of them. If you want to get in contact with him, he is a huge facebook person and is always on. He would love to get in contact with you, I think. I will post pictures though.
Jenny,
You live such an exciting life. I so enjoy reading all your posts and LOVE what your camera can do. What a fun find!!! I knew I noticed something different but wonderful about your Ashley. Her hair looks great. I unfortunately have had one experience with changing my hair alone that has scared me to death, lets just say tangerine orange was not meant for anyone with the name of Chantelle Penrod. Oh dear! THANK YOU, THANK YOU For your delish cookies. I walked through the door saw them new right away they were from you, and ate three before asking Ben if you had dropped by. THANK YOU!!! I would love to get the recipe. Ok, I am finally finished. DUCK, DUCK DONE.
Well you know we are avid talk radio listeners. When I was communting to work I listened to Bill Bennet and Micheal Medville every day. I rarely get to hear them now because of my new schedule. I can listen to Sean Hennity for a little, but not every day. Since I've stayed home, my new favorites are Laura Ingram and Rush Limbough. With Rush, you have to get over his big head, but he is very wise and entertaining. I will even go to his website and check things out when I miss him. Glad you joined the club!
Oh, that pug reminds me of Ford! I miss him.
Cute hair, cute girl!!
I don't listen to much radio, I like peace and quiet for some reason. I go through different likes and dislikes. I'll let you know if it changes and I'll let you know what I listen to when it does!
I don't listen to talk radio either...mostly because I don't listen to any radio at all! But my husband is a huge talk radio fan. He mostly listens to NPR. He hates anything strongly republican or strongly democratic...he tries to be impartial. But if you ask me...he's not succeeding!
When I listen to the radio I want to hear music not talk. So because of all the commercials I usually just listed to one of my itunes playlists depending on my mood or what I'm doing.
I do think listening to talk radio could broaden my horizon, but mentally I'm not there yet. Maybe next year!
I love Glen Beck! i also love your new family picture! Miss you guys!
Me too! Me too! I used to hate it when Justin would always have talk radio on in our car too. It just stressed me out or made me angry. Years later, I admit I like it too. I like the same ones. Glen Beck I've been very fond of lately especially. Have you seen his conversion movie out on DVD? So inspiring!
Not a big talk radio fan, but you know Jared is... I just get the spill from him! Your blog is always so cute! I'm so glad you guys are so flexible and looks like you had a fun vacation even with the joys of stand by travel! Love Ashley's hair! I'm not going to show Hayden however... we all know she loves to try to keep up with Miss Ashley! Miss you guys!
Uh, I really like this one girl named Jenny Williams, she has a great talk show called J-WO! She always helps me see the issues as they really are!
Post a Comment