Ash wanted a different hair color. My sister does hair AND IS FANTASTIC, but I didn't want to spend over $40.00 on a little girls hair. So, I found a bottle for about $2.00 at the store. I know, I know, you never know what you are going to get but, it was cheap. I explained everything that could happen to Ash and that I wasn't forcing her to do it, this was totally her choice. OKAY, she was excited and we did it after school on Mon. and instead of being golden blonde, she is my little red head. I love it though, and so does she. It is fun for a change so, I call her Ginger Snap, or just short (Ginger, or Ginge) She is soaking it up!

Now, I usually start gathering craft things for the summer in May. But I found a fun book at our library with a fun/easy recipe for MAGIC CLAY. (use it for bead making.)If you've ever done it let me know, so I can get some hints, otherwise, here is the recipe if you want to try it with any of your loved ones in your life that may be under the age of 18 :-)
2 cups baking soda
1 cup cornstarch
1 ¼ cups cold water
Aluminum Foil
Stir together bake soda and starch in saucepan. Add water and cook over med. Heat stirring CONSTANTLY until mixture looks like moist mashed potatoes (about 10-15min.)
Pour onto foil, cover with damp cloth. When it is cool – IT IS READY!
Make any desired shape. You can add food coloring for a marbled look, or color the whole thing for a full color look.
Take cut up pieces of straws to make the circle in the middle of the bead.
Any questions, then email me!
9 comments:
I love it Ash. Actually I think Ginger fits better.
I love it! Jen, you could have a future in hair! (not as if you don't have enough going already) =)
Wow! Ashley...that is so beautiful. Isn't it fun to have a change?!
Let me know how the beads work out. Sounds fun!
OK Jen, I'm thinking you're a life saver, as Adi came home today and told me she needs to make a clay turtle for a school project - due tomorrow.
We have a shell and working on the appendages, however, how do you dry the clay? Does it need oven time?
BTW I halved the recipe as I didn't have enough cornstarch, it makes a pretty good size batch.
well ginger i can't wait to see the new doo! i came out with red hair once one i did that to. i was hoping for dark brown.
we had so much fun having you over. tell babyruth to not get to fired up.
She looks GREAT! (Of course, I'm partial to redheads!) I love it!
Lookin' good Ginge! Glad you got to have a mini makeover! Someone looks fabulous!
Beautiful--so cheap and tricky! Also, I forgot about making beads. I did that when I was little all the time. I'll have make a new project with the kids!
Post a Comment