So, I told myself "I'M GOING TO BE BRAVE!" I took the kids to buy mouse traps after school.
These are NEW and Improved they are like a fridge clip, or the laundry clips that you get in hotels. They are easy to set and you don't risk your finger. We set one last night by the bread (recommendation from MOM) and another one on our steps going down to the basement.
I feel invaded! And I'm quite disturbed by these nasty things being in my home. So, I yelled to them before Ash and I went upstairs for bed. I said "This is your last night, I'm going to kill you." After I said it, I thought that sounded like some horror movie. But... off to bed we went.
3:00AM SNAP! I knew the darn thing had been captured. 45 min. later another "SNAP."
At 6:45AM I was so FREAKED out to see if the thing was there, I had Ash go with me. She said she saw a ball, feet and tail. So, I tried to call our friends the Wilson's to come take care of the dirty work, because YES, I'm too chicken to do it (They didn't answer.) We talked about it all morning getting ready for school. Ash even told our neighbor Katie about it (Ash walks to school with her.) So Katie had to come and see, she looks and says "There is nothing there." WHAT?!!???
She was laughing, and so we all looked again. YUP, there was nothing there. I am now even more stumped! These critters have me! What did I hear so early in the morning and never went back to sleep? And what did Ash see when she looked and gave me such a detailed description of the dead thing?
So we are DRAMA girls! I hate saying it, but it is true! I guess we have to try again tonight.
Stay tuned for the capture! :-)
Might I add, I have glasses that are two prescriptions OLD! Ash, has glasses, but didn't have them on when we looked the first time. Perhaps it is time to see the eye doctor? So, what about my hearing? HMMMM?
8 comments:
how funny, they tripped the trap on you. I would be calling my neighbor also... or getting the shovel and dispossing trap and all! Maybe it's time for a cute little kitten in your life. :) lol good luck, I HATE mice!
I hate mice and also refuse to remove them from traps. That's another one of those things husbands are for.
If you can choose your bait, try gumdrops. It will work.
I cannot stand mice! We had them in our last house. (Brand new neighborhood - I guess they didn't want to give up their land.) We had a snapped trap with only a leg in it once, and then caught a 3 legged mouse a few days later. Keep trying! (And I don't blame you. I threw the traps away instead of emptying them.)
UGH!!! I am sooo sorry! I am sooo freaked out by mice I think I would move out until they were gone. I hope you get them. Put some peanut butter on the traps. That is what my dad always told us. Good luck!
Dude... I am more shocked about you calling your poor neighbors at 6:45 in the am than I am about the mice!!! Some things never change!!! Please don't ever call me that early unless we are going somewhere fun :)
NASTY... Please don't call me next time... I wouldn't be any help!!! ;)
you girls are very brave! Unfortunately for me, Travis is more afraid of mice than me so I get to take care of the nast little buggers! P.S. how do you get different colors in your text?
I am with you! I hate mice and I hate looking at them when they are caught or any other time. One time when Scott was on a business trip I had to call my neighbor to come and clean out the trap because I won't touch the darn things! I hate knowing they are in my house, I hate the waiting until they are caught, I hate mice, I hate mice, I hate mice! And yes I am a big baby!
Post a Comment