I got a little more brave this morning! I got some of Steve's tools, covered the dead thing with a papertowell, used the tools to move it into a box. Put the box outside and will let Steve take care of it when he gets home around 3:00 today.
I'm so grossed out, Jen. YUCK. I'm sorry you had to deal with a little rodent {rodents?}. They are nasty..no wait...NASTY. Yes. That's better. I hardly even dared look at your blog for fear...so I'm glad one is down.Uggh. Don't you just hate thinking of them being in your home...AAAAAHHHHHHH.
I made Mark use a glue trap in our last home. He said it was pretty sad to see the mouse stuck in there but that was the end oh, after a quick pop to the head with a shovel. Not pretty. So good job being brave!!
YES! Keep setting those traps. I hate to tell you this, but where there is one, there are usually more.
By the way - you're going to be very proud of me. I threw a birthday party for Cameron today, April Fool's style! I'll try to post it sometime in the next few days. Gave a whole pile of boys cottonball cupcakes, inspired by you!
Jenny I am SO sorry! When we lived with my parents, we were invaded by mice as well. We caught 8 mice. Yes eight! And we caught them all in the ceiling above our bed. My parents have a tile covered ceiling in their basement...like you see in churches. So we would lift the tile, place a trap, and then hear it snap over or head at night. It was absolutely terrible. I was afraid the mouse would bleed and drip down on top of us. And I never once would help dispose of the creatures or even look at them. I am with you on that. Having mice is the most disgusting thing to ever happen to me. I was a cleaning freak during that time.
I'm really sorry you have to deal with a rodent issue especially by yourself, but honestly I'm finding your posts hilarious. I can't wait to find out when and how you catch more. I'm obviously saying this because I'm just the observer and not experiencing this myself!
7 comments:
Way to go!
I'm so grossed out, Jen. YUCK. I'm sorry you had to deal with a little rodent {rodents?}. They are nasty..no wait...NASTY. Yes. That's better. I hardly even dared look at your blog for fear...so I'm glad one is down.Uggh. Don't you just hate thinking of them being in your home...AAAAAHHHHHHH.
I made Mark use a glue trap in our last home. He said it was pretty sad to see the mouse stuck in there but that was the end oh, after a quick pop to the head with a shovel. Not pretty. So good job being brave!!
YES! Keep setting those traps. I hate to tell you this, but where there is one, there are usually more.
By the way - you're going to be very proud of me. I threw a birthday party for Cameron today, April Fool's style! I'll try to post it sometime in the next few days. Gave a whole pile of boys cottonball cupcakes, inspired by you!
What a fabulous "welcome home" present for the hubby, I have to remember that! :)
Jenny I am SO sorry! When we lived with my parents, we were invaded by mice as well. We caught 8 mice. Yes eight! And we caught them all in the ceiling above our bed. My parents have a tile covered ceiling in their basement...like you see in churches. So we would lift the tile, place a trap, and then hear it snap over or head at night. It was absolutely terrible. I was afraid the mouse would bleed and drip down on top of us. And I never once would help dispose of the creatures or even look at them. I am with you on that. Having mice is the most disgusting thing to ever happen to me. I was a cleaning freak during that time.
I'm really sorry you have to deal with a rodent issue especially by yourself, but honestly I'm finding your posts hilarious. I can't wait to find out when and how you catch more. I'm obviously saying this because I'm just the observer and not experiencing this myself!
YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!! Way to not let the little pest not get the best of Jenny!!!
Post a Comment