So, if money is tight, you could try SPAM :-) Let me know how that goes! Haven't tried that!

If you didn't already know...my mom gave me a few hints on preserving fruit a little longer.
STRAWBERRIES... You do not rinse them, you take them out of their container, put a paper towel in the bottom of a container/tupperware. Put the strawberries on top of the towel, then completely cover them with one more paper towel. Put the lid on, then they are good, until you
are ready to use them. They will last about 5-7 days this way. AWESOME!
AND, if you want your celery to stay crisp, wrap it in tinfoil! Mmm hmm, it works.
So, lets hear some of your hints!
8 comments:
Jenny dearest... I want to share my new favorite crockpot recipe with you... because I BELIEVE in crockpots!!! Get a lean port loin, mix 1c. brown sugar, 1c. salsa, and pour over. Cook on low all day, or until pork pulls apart easily with fork... so delicous!!! Great on rice, buns, or potatoes! There... that is my best hint for the day! xoxo D
Here is a hint for you: You have left over salad. Put it in a ziplock bag with two paper towels folded. Put the towels so they cover the whole length of the bag. It will keep the salad fresh all week long. It will not work if you put croutons or cheese in your salad though. I make a big salad at the first of the week and just pull out the bag all week long. I LOVE it.
My sil makes Denice's recipe and it tastes like the pork at Cafe Rio.
Is Steven flying that plane?
I have no hints at the moment.
Ok- how do you know Melinda? We were in the same ward in Payson! Crazy stuff! Oh sorry, I have no hints to offer...Kim
Great tips! I'm going to have to try Denice's recipe, too. One of the best things I used to do, especially when I was pregnant and too tired to cook at the end of the day, was to buy my ground beef and chicken at Sam's club and then cook it all the same day. Then I could freeze portions in baggies to make meal prep really quick and simple. It was a lifesaver!
I add a can of coke or diet coke to the pork crock pot recipe...
If you need to "fortify" boxed M&C add a TBSP of carrots and a TBSP of sweet potatoes before you add the milk {you'll end up adding less milk}. The {nasty} taste of the cheese overpowers the vegetables and the colors are the same so... They just don't notice what is different and you've just "spiked" the healthfulness of something marginal. (Thanks sneaky chef)
When baking choc chip cookies use a mini icecream scoop to put them on the sheet and here is the tip...use a spoon to make an indentation in each one. They bake up uniformly and beautiful. (This one came from nobiggie.net)
You are so beautiful Jen. I love the b/w of you and the kids at the top. You are so photogenic! I love the strawberry tip. Thanks!
I love salad, but I hate the whole washing process, so I just wash a whole thing of it, tear it up, and put it in a ziplock. It usually stays for a few days and then I can just build a salad with whatever else I want each night. Everyone else probably does this too..
:)
Post a Comment