One of Nate's favorite games is Duck, Duck, Goose. And a few nights ago, I had just finished cleaning up the kitchen and there was about 10 min. before we needed to start the getting ready for bed routine...
So, I said to Nate "What do you want to do?"
Nate said "Pay a Dame" (Play a game.)
Haven't I taught him well? I love that he loves to play games.
So all three of us played D,D,G and he did his best he's ever done with following the rules, taking turns AND... he said a word each time he touched a head (which isn't regular.)
So, when he touches heads he'll say Guck, Guck, Doose (interesting how he hears the "D" and "G".)
After each of us had 5 turns, I could tell he was getting a little tired of it. So, I asked if he was done with the game. He said "NO."
Well, it was his turn, so he touched Ash "Guck"
touched my head "Guck",
touched Ash's head again and said "Done."
We laughed and laughed and wondered if we should change the name of the game.
Duck, Duck, Done has a ring to it, don't you think?
10 comments:
This is pretty darn cute. I like the duck, duck, done. That is usually how I feel about it after a while.
Cameron has the same Hawaii shirt that he wears all the time.
Oh, he's a clever one that Nate! That story is so funny and cute at the same time!!
Yes...you've taught him well!!
ps Elvis left the building on Saturday wink, wink!
I think Nate may have discovered a new favorite as well! Way to go to use games to difuse family idle time... I need to keep that in mind more when I am loosing it, to pull out a game with an extra 10 min... who would have thunk it Nate... you are awesome!
Your comment made me laugh because I was just thinking that I don't even have your address and I really need it!!Will you email it to me? melindaut@hotmail.com
He's so funny! I miss his smile around here.
that is so cute!
You are great to play games with your kids at the end of the day! I've been so tired lately that I've had them get in bed early and then they can just read until actual bedtime. Sorry boys!
PS- the WV word is "maken" as in- you are "maken" great memories with your kids! ;)
Done! You have officially changed the name of the game. That is such a cute story, I love that sweet little Nate-O. We are just finishing a long two weeks of travel and company, I can't wait to visit! Love you!
I LOVE him! What a cutie patootie! He has such a contagious smile, and laugh! I am all for a game of duck, duck, done! Nate will have to come over for a game of red light green light, we are still trying to grasp the concept since the primary activity. Coh thinks he can just A-line it for the caller and tackle 'em. Oh dear! Then we can finish it off with some duck, duck, done. What do you think? Have a great day Jenny!
Coh just saw your page and said "Hey mom who is that? Please lift me up to see... Oh, their is my friend, Nate, his mom and dad and Ashely." So Cute!
Post a Comment