Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Michigan! Loads of PICS!


We flew to Detroit, Michigan Feb. 23rd to visit Steve's brother Mark and his family. Friday, Mary suggested a YES DAY! Wow, who would say no to a "Yes Day?" So we gave the kids a few suggestions, and they planned it from there. So the "YES DAY" began with making a snow man! Steve got creative with a wooden ramp to get those HEAVY balls up.

Look at how tall this thing is! It was definitely 6 ft.
This is priceless! YES, look at that picture this pony ride is only ONE CENT. There are very few things anymore that are one cent.
They wanted to paint. WELL, YES! You can paint!
Mary is an amazing baker. Ash helped her make bagels.
They also made TORTILLA's - YUM!
We made these little chocolate cups. So fun! Mary found this recipe on pinterest if you are interested I can get you the link.
We had a movie night.
They made tickets, so we had to give those to David, he put them in the small whole at the top of the oatmeal container. So creative!
This is our confession stand. We kept talking about this, and David thought we were saying CONFESSION stand. SO awesome. So we had to give one confession before having a concession.
This is the finished chocolate cups with peanut butter /choc. pudding! YUM Of course topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. Nothing but sweet.
Kate and her bubble gum on top of her head.
Saturday, we went to the Detroit temple from Noon-2pm. Then we went on a driving tour DOWNTOWN detroit. This is TOUR GUIDE MARY!
The kids really enjoyed the tour!
This is an abandoned train station. An example of many things that are common to detroit.
This is a little island called Belle Isle. You can see downtown in the background. And Canada on the other shore.
This was like nothing else! This is called Heidelberg Street. It is called the Heidelberg Project where an artist wanted to bring art into this neighborhood and attract some colorful attention. Below this is a picture of a reception desk and to the right is the exam table. This is an artists rendition of failed healthcare.
You know the "UP" house? Well, perhaps you could call this the "down" house. Double click on this picture to see the detail. A little creepy!
Just in case you couldn't see in the last picture, here is a close up of the things that are nailed to the tree.
Quite an inviting neighborhood - HUH? People really live in these homes.
Jen's bucket list checked! Ice skate in a downtown with music & lights with the family.
The Clan!
Mary & Kate got a little cold so they went to join others at the fire and were presented with some marshmallows, so she started sharing them with everyone that came to stand around the fire.
Sunday we went to church with Mark & Mary. The temple is in the same parking lot.
We weren't able to fly directly out of Detroit to HOME. So we flew to Chicago, this is Ash pretending like she's driving the train in DTW.

5 comments:

Penrod Family said...

Well it is official I want to become a Williams. No if and's or buts about it i am moving in to the Williams B&B. When should I plan on arriving? This trip looked oh so fun and the pictures showed everything so nicely! GREAT POST!!! PS. the 'My Girls' post looked like a great activity. I miss all those beautiful faces. xoxo

Denice said...

That is so funny that Darcy said that, because I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I looked at your last post. I want to be a Williams as well... I am grateful to watch your example of LOVING life and making the most out of it! You guys seize the day, and I love it! xoxo

Jennifer said...

looks like a really fun trip

Mary Jo said...

Wow, that seems like a lot of fun stuff to cram into such a short visit. Fun, creative stuff. I'm glad you had a fun time, BUT we really missed you at our shindig! I'm so glad you came to visit the other day. Can't wait to see pic's from the next vacation!

Melinda said...

Looks like another really fun trip! That house is pretty crazy. I wonder how they came up with it?