Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2nd year doing it! And making it a tradition!

Last year we went caroling with the Ishii's at this retirement center about 30 min. away from us and had such a great time, we did it again this year. Our little families enjoy being together, and throw in some singing and jingle bells it makes for some great laughs. This year we sang to an alzheimer group and they were amazing! Our favorite was visiting with Miss Ginny. What an amazingly Christ like women! We were touched by her goodness to so many people there. This year has been increasingly hard as more time passes with out Nate here! We think about him every day! We miss him desperately and it hurts that our pain and love is not enough to bring him back. I know he is not ment to be here now! He is busy doing the Lord's work. Just wishing there was something to ease the sting of this loss! We are so thankful to such good friends & some family who support and love us through hard things! Friends who share memories of Nate and talk openly about him helps us remember he touched so many! Christmas just won't be the same without Nate-O!

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

So glad you had fun, what a good tradition! We too miss Nate more than we share with you. It is too bad that the Lord can't arrange a skype session on Christmas Day for you and Nate. I have no doubt that he is doing fabulous missionary work. We are soooo excited to skype with our missionary in a few days. Only seems fair you should be able to also! Love ya

Denice said...

I am still getting used to seeing you with brown hair... beautiful Jenny! As I read your post I too had to imagine what Christmas must be like in heaven... do they rejoice and sing carols? Do they just do more missionary work? Do they pause to eat (and over-eat) baked goods? :) I know he will be having the best Chrismtas ever! We love you guys and love your up-dates! I hope to chat soon, miss talking to ya! xoxo D

Penrod Family said...

what a great looking bunch. i love that you have made this a tradition. i need to call you to share with you a story. love you williams. xoxo