Wednesday, October 5, 2011
She bakes and likes it!
Ashley baked this amazing apple pie for tonights YW in excellence. She really enjoys baking. Yeah for us! I just wanted to write a few more things about this DYNAMITE girl! We met with her counselor at school and she is excelling in everything! She is dedicated to her school work and dedicated to trying to be the best she can be in all that she puts her mind to. If I could pick any girl to be my daughter, it would be you Ashley! You are gorgeously talented and I learn so much from your goodness! Keep up the great work!
While meeting with her counselor, she gave Ashley a book called "TEAR SOUP." It is a children's book about LOSS. It is written with such touching words and the illustrations couldn't be better, and at the back of the book there are cooking tips (hints on how to deal with grief.) I would recommend it to anyone who has suffered hurt or loss, as well as recommend it to any person who has a loved one or a friend who is suffering right now, so you can help them through the good and the bad. This book even helped me to put some feelings into words, which is always helpful! All three of us have read this book and LOVE it! Such a tender mercy to have this women who doesn't even know us, be so empathetic and share this book with us. She also offered, that Ash could come in her office anytime to talk, or to cry, and have chocolate, and if she didn't feel like talking she could just leave Ashley in her office and close the door for some alone time. I wanted to ask if she would allow me some of that goodness too. HMMM! Really, I was very touched at how open and endearing this women was to my sweet daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad that Ashley is surrounded by wonderful people who care. I know how grateful I was for Garrett's school counselor last year when he was struggling with depression. We love you guys. Congratulate Ashley for us on being simply awesome. We love her!
That really is so amazing that her counselor is so sweet and trying to be helpful to Ash. What a great blessing to have her.
That pie looks so good! I still have never made one before. My MIL is an amazing pie baker so I haven't given it a try.
Ash you are wonder young woman, just like your mother Wonder Woman. Keep up the amazing you!!!
xoxo
BCCB
Post a Comment