Monday, September 26, 2011

We saw DC!

We took a family trip to Washington DC 22-25th of this month. We saw some neat stuff, and missed Nate-O SOOOO much!

It rained all day on Friday.
This is the VERY middle of the capitol. It was such a cool tour by Jason Chaffetz staff member, her name was Cindy from Lehi, Ut.
Yes they have a statue of Brigham Young in the Capitol Bldg.
Steve took this artsy picture, look at the shadow on the marble. When I saw DC when I was 18 yrs. old I had such a different focus, it was cool, but things like marble, now fascinate me. I find art and other elements so interesting.
We are sopping wet, but it wasn't cold outside. Just cold when you'd go into an air conditioned building.
This is at the Bureau of Printing Engraving, where we saw how they make money.
Museum of Air & Space


Museum of American History
Ntl. Gallery of Art Look at Ash imitating Napolean. HAAH!
Below, Jefferson Memorial
We were so worn out from walking for 9 hrs. WHOOH!
This is Sat. a little better weather for the Lincoln Memorial!
Arlington Cemetary

Iwo Jima
Mt. Vernon
Ash came up with this "Bum Bopper!"
This is David, from Nigeria! Such a spiritual fella! He asked us what are we doing to prepare for General Conference this weekend. I loved that he asked, because I've been talking to 0ur YW about praying and preparing to hear answers in this upcoming Gen. Conf. I do look forward to every Conference! We will miss Nate being apart of our 2 family traditions during Conference!
DC temple which is in Maryland. I have a picture of Steve and I in front of this temple 18 yrs. ago, we weren't married but we were in love!

It always amazes me that Ash likes to sit in the middle in the back seat. Even when Nate was around, she'd sit in the middle. CRAZY! This trip we had BRENDA the GPS, she was so helpful! We kept laughing as we'd stop and see something and she'd have to recalculate her route.
Our Marriot Suites Hotel was in Virginia by Dulles Airport. It was deluxe!
Yup we cooked, well I cooked our last night there!

Ash got bored on our flight home, we are just being silly, but look like some strict parents. We flew home Sunday morning to be home for church. We had an hour delay so we only made it to the 3rd hour of church, but it was worth it!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

When Jason and I went there a few years ago, I loved it! There was so much to see that we couldn't fit it all in in our 3 days. Looks like a blast.

Libby said...

Washington D.C. Is such a cool place! I would love to go back!

Denice said...

OK, I have always wanted to do a family trip to DC, so glad you guys made it happen!!! You guys look like one SASSY family! Love it, and I am sure you missed Nate and saw things that he would have loved and appreciated the whole time! He is with you in spirit and is so proud of who you guys are!!! xoxo D

mary said...

What are your 2 conference traditions?

Penrod Family said...

I do not know if you will see this, but I LOVE this post! You Williams know how to party. Ash, I hope that one day you will be the president of the United States. You would be one rockin president. I just giggled seeing all the pics of you girls being silly (Ash and Jen). Steve loved the artsy photo. Sending you 3 honks.

BCCB