Friday, January 28, 2011

Wrapping up January with

This is an Airbus!

This man loves to fly!
For the past two weeks Steve's been in Minneapolis training. Aircraft are not like cars, you don't just get in, and turn the key. There are complex systems, procedures etc. that each plane has that the pilots need to be proficient in so, thus, MORE training! But we are so excited about this, because when he's finished, he will be based in the state that we live in YEAH! He has been able to come home fri. evening for 2 nights. Things that I'm learning while this man is absent...

So much respect for single moms!
Thankful that I'm married to this handsome man!
Thankful for a job!
Thankful to be a mom! (had some tear jerkers about this adoption experience, but so excited
for the opportunity to have another little one in our home!)
Thankful for a belief in God, and know PRAYER works!
Thankful for Cell Phones!

I could go on and on, but I don't feel like getting any more personal than that! :-)

Now, for you anonymous readers, You can comment. It doesn't have to be long! Just to let people know you were thinking about them, ( I know of three of you, that look and talk to me about it later, but don't comment.) I blog for family record, but a big reason why I didn't want to start a blog is because it cuts down on communication. People look, and leave, and feel like they have an update on your life and it is kind of like talking to some one and there is no response from them in the conversation. Now, I have peeked and haven't commented, so I have committed to leave a comment on every blog I look at - and it's going pretty good so far! So keep up the blogging! (Alisa - a big plug for you!)

A side note... I put a picture of Hawaii in our header picture because I have been dreaming a lot about Hawaii! This picture was taken in 08 when we went to Oahu with the family. My sis and her family are going in March and I will be living that trip through them! I get to watch Christine's little Nile while they soak up the HAPPIEST place on earth! We are so excited!

13 comments:

Ariane said...

It sounds like you had an adoption experience...I would love to hear about it if you are willing to share.

Amen to new respect for single mom's. Busy season is up and going and we are missing Zane too. Hopefully you and Steve will be reunited soon!

Sylvia said...

Way to go Steve!!! An AIRBUS!!! Whoa! And wait...

I thought Disneyland was the happiest place on earth. {JK, you know I LOVE Aloha}.

xxoo

Brigette Little said...

LOVE the Hawaii picture - I would love to go back, too. We think about you guys often can't wait to hear more about your adoption experiences. When all is said and done, it will be one lucky baby that gets to join your family!

The Schwab Family! said...

Congratulations on the Air-Bus!!! So, do you have a little one joining your family soon?

Melinda said...

Wow, that is amazing about Steve and the airbus! Jason has been in that Minneapolis airport a lot these last few weeks.

I know what you mean about having more respect for single parents. I don't know how they do it either.

Good luck with the adoption. You guys are amazing parents and any baby would be so lucky to have you!

Kim said...

So awesome- glad to hear the Steve will be around a bit more. miss you guys!

Denice said...

OK, how can I read that and NOT comment! I am SO guilty of what you just described... sometimes I just check in and BAM... less communication like you said. You guys are amazing, and I love to hear what is rolling around in that head of yours. Thanks for up-dating and making us part of your life. I love you and so happy Steve is gainfully emplyed, that you are an AMAZING and graceful mother, and that you have the gospel to sharpen your perspective (as do I... we are lucky indeed). xoxo D

Jen said...

Hey Jen, I was so sad that I didn't get to sit down and talk with you at the shower. We'll have to get together sometime so you guys can share all the wisdom you have on adoption. I'm not saying we're doing anything about it yet, but it would be nice to know what to do when we're ready! Good luck with everything!

simple mom/wife said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear that you have a very happy ending of time and time away from Steve! Justin has been doing Cleveland agin since Thanksgiving. We were just granted Houston in March!!!!! Congrats on his training being done and I've been praying for your adoption experiences--you two are the best parents!!!!

Miss you!

brandif10 said...

I am sorry I too am one of those, it really depends on the time and mood I am in. But I love that you keep me posted. Your post made me think that maybe there is a possiblity that something is going on in the adoption area of the life? Glad Steve will be in UT, so that you can spend more time together, heck maybe you need to celebrate with a trip to some place warm, maybe casa fairchild, (It's almost finished). Miss ya and love ya.

Penrod Family said...

Well I have not been on for a very, very long time, but you know that I love you so very much! Words cannot express how great you are miss Jen! love you the most!

xoxo,
Chan and boys

Beck said...

Hi Jen!
I have to admit that I've been blog-stalking you for some time now! It's been fun seeing what your family is up to, but I guess now I have to comment and let you know that I've been here. Good luck with adopting!
David H.

Natalie said...

Good point about the communication thing. Thank you for always teaching me. You are a great friend and a wonderful example to me. xoxoxo.