(Adding to this post.) OK, I had 3 people ask so here's the final body wrap with the
head. Wasn't Ash brave to only be able to breathe out of two tiny holes?
BODY WRAP: You need 3 clear packing tape rolls. May need a few more - depends on how much you over lap. You need to wrap arms separately, then do the legs then the torso and end with the head. You start wrapping with sticky side out (so it doesn't stick to their clothes.) Then once you've covered the whole arm (again you don't need to overlap even half, just so there aren't any gaps.) Now do a layer of sticky side towards the body, then do a 3rd layer of sticky side to the body. This forms a thick enough coating (almost like a cast.) Then you just cut it off. A letter opener works beautifully! Or super sharp surgical scissors. Yes, I have some from Nate's many days in the hospitals! Dr. went to throw them away, and I snagged them.
Patch the seam together with more packing tape, you can hardly see the seam.
Have any questions - just ask. It really is fun and easy!
The original Post...
Salt Dough Craft
Made these beauties out of salt dough, put them in the microwave for 20 sec. (up to 1 min. and a 1/2) Then decorate them with markers. SUPER fun and so stinkin easy!
1 cup flour
1 cup salt
1/2 cup water
Mix and shape!
The kids had so much fun!
Carving Pumpkins at home!
This blue & White checked table cloth I got from Keri Crichton over 10 years ago - Yup still going strong and is out for every craft!
BODY WRAP!
During class today parents went to class to wrap their kid in packing tape.
This was such a fun project! A life size Ash, or she named it Rachel (her middle name.)
We are going to wrap her head tonight so it will be complete - to hand in soon.
6 comments:
How do you make a body wrap?!? That is so COOL!! Wow! I am very impressed. I sure love the family picture on the side bar too. That better be coming my way in the form of a Christmas card.
The header picture is also amazing.I love your kids. They are so fun.
looks like so much fun. My kids are having a hard time waiting to carve pumpkins. So What is the purpose of the body wrap? That is pretty cool. How does one get out of the body wrap. YOu need to tell sylivia and I more.
Looks like you are having too much fun without me. I miss you guys! Yes I would like to know more about this body wrap, that looks like a lot of fun. Love you all
That body wrap is crazy looking! Very cool. You guys are so funny. :)
I hope you don't mind I'm borrowing a few pictures of Nana Ora. I awfully behind on posting on her bday.
That body wrap is crazy and kind of creepy!
I wonder where the teachers come up with these ideas for projects. It looks so cool! I think I would have been freaking out enough that I couldn't ever be wrapped. I guess I'm a bit claustrophobic. I wonder if any of the kids had that kind of experience.
Great pictures of the body wrap!
Post a Comment