Thursday, October 7, 2010

Aging & Getting OLD!

The ladies at the front desk of one of the shops, pulled these flowers together and gave Nana some chocolates to wish her happy birthday! Nana, is sitting by my beautiful sister Mary Jo.
My beautiful Mom.


This is Nana, putting her hands in the air and saying "I'm 99."

"Getting old" is an interesting term. It sounds HORRIBLE! And it is! However, I know a lady ORA KAREN NUNLEY (My Nana) that makes aging look LOVELY!
She will be 99 years old this month. She deserves a post! I got to go walk around beautiful gardens with my Mom, sister and my Nana. Then we went to lunch together and had YUMMY food!
Age really doesn't describe the experiences that one has had. But saying a number, and thinking of that age brings memories! Some, good, some bad! But isn't life lovely? Only, I really don't have a desire to live until I'm 99. WHOOOH!
The best part about life, is the people in it! I feel so lucky that my kiddo's know their great grandma! She's a fighter! She is full of Love!
When I lived in Houston, I wrote her once a month and asked her questions about her life. She would write me back, and I saved these keepsakes of stories about her life.
Happy Birthday Nana!

My earliest memory with Nana...
I was around the age of four. My parents & fam went on a trip and I got to stay with Papa Jo and Nana. My doll, ANDY got dirty, so she put it in the wash at the laudromat. It freeked me out, I was sure ANDY was a gonner.
Obviously Andy survived! And so did I! :-) It was quite the experience, I had never been to a laundromat before!
Don't you wonder why I didn't get to go on the family trip? HMMMMMMM?

2 comments:

Melinda said...

That is such a great idea you had to ask her all sorts of questions! I would love to be nosy and read what she wrote. I ask her questions all the time when I go and visit. I am amazed at how great her mind still is. She can remember everything. Sounds like you had a great day with everyone.

Anonymous said...

99...so amazing! What an amazing Nana you have!
I do wonder why you didn't get to go on the trip. Did you ever find out? :)
Good to see Nate enjoying an activity with other kids even if he only just likes the soccer bit. Amazing people you get to be with.
Steve's calling will keep him busy...it should be interesting. He'll be great though. He was a great Elder's Quorum President.

We miss you here!