Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FALLS weekend!

YEAH! We finally got to do two hikes that have been on the list!
Saturday... Battle Creek Falls.



This is above the falls, going upstream in the FREEZING water.

What kid doesn't love to play in water?
Madi pulling Ash in the deep part.

Monday...
Bell's Canyon with Steve's Family
We made it to the reservoir, now we are started up to the Falls!
Resting to take a break. It really was a challenging hike!
The kids did AWESOME!

Can you see the speck of Steve on the right.
The falls were so big and powerful and BEAUTIFUL!


Both hikes are highly recommended by me! The first hike is more kid friendly! The second hike is AN ALL DAY ADVENTURE!

3 comments:

Kelly Vowles said...

I'm envious... I hiked from my car to Target recently :-)

Penrod Family said...

As always the last couple posts are amazing. I was sad not to have been in the YW photo, but loved all the people in that one. You truly are such a fantastic family. I can not wait to attempt both of those hikes, they look wonderful. LOVE Ash face in the first pic, she looks ecstatic! xoxo always, BCCB

Mary said...

I'm happy we made it. What great memories!