Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Camping & Bun Hiking!

We camped in Moab THURS, FRI, and came home SATURDAY evening! 
This is our campsite!  We had so much fun!















This is Steve biking by our campsite.
















This is Nate running on our first hike in ARCHES NATIONAL PARK.
Nate says "Bun" for the word "Fun."   So when we would talk about the fun hike, he would say Bun Hiking!





This is Ashley happy as a Bird playing in the sand @ Sand Dune Arch.







































We saw a lot of rabbits in camp!  We did some biking in Moab which was REALLY fun!  And I love my PINK HELMET.
We played at a fun park that had musical instruments!  We did some hard things, fun things, and wild things!  It was a great trip!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

FUN!!!!! I'm SO jealous! I love Moab, it has some great hikes and rides. Glad you enjoyed yourself and that the weather was perfect!

Sylvia said...

I'm with Dawn! I am green with envy...MOAB is indeed Bun, so dang Bun. I'm sad I haven't been in over ten dad gum years. {Notice it hasn't missed me at all!} Thanks for all the great pics and for posting it. Makes me miss Utah and you guys so much.

Who needs Paris when you've got Moab?

Kelly Vowles said...

Reality time.... makes me think about how long it has been since we were there.... and we'll just say a reallllly llllong time. You guys look like you had a great time. Lucky to be in close proximity to all this great stuff!!! I'm guessing you aren't missing Lake Conroe?

Libby said...

I have never been to arches! Can you believe it? I would love to go. You guys look like you had SO much fun!!! I want to go even more now.

Happy birthday day to Ash!

Jody said...

You guys are always so Adventurous!! I love it! Looks like a fun little trip!

Stephanie said...

You guys are such a fun family! It seems like you are always going and doing something. I wish we were not so busy so that we could just take off and do more things like that! I'm jealous!

Denice said...

Ditto on everyone else... Nate looks like he is sooo slim! Wow, so grown-up! Brilliant pics... as usual... looks like it is hard to take a bad picture in Moab!

Mary said...

What a great bike/hiking adventure. Wished we lived closer so we could tag along.

Natalie said...

That looks like the perfect family outing. I love your pink helmet too! You're so sporty! :) You don't look a day over 20. :) Love you!

Penrod Family said...

First off LOVE the first pic and Nate in the background with his CARS backpack, made me SMILE. Your helmet looks killer on you! The trip looked absolutely delicious. I am glad that Nate had a 'BUN' time, what a beautiful family. Glad you guys are safe, and most importantly that your garbage can was Safe.

simple mom/wife said...

Those pictures make me miss home! We will always consider the red rocks and sand as such--so beautiful! You've made me want to bike with Justin next time. Miss your family!