Monday, February 16, 2009

Deep In The HEART of TEXAS!

For Valentines Weekend, we got to go DEEP in the HEART of TEXAS!  We left early Friday morning, and arrived around 1pm.  I loved every minute of it!  It was warm (in the 70's with humidity.)  Ashley, gasped for air telling me she couldn't breath when she took her first whiff of good old HOUSTON air.  We got to visit so many WONDERFUL friends!  And we didn't get to see everyone so forgive us LITTLE's, DIBB's, McLAUGHLIN's, KROFF's, AVERY's, PAYNE's, VOWLES and the list goes on!  Please know WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!

When Ash and I get on the plane, the first thing we do is take our shoes off.  Just something we do without even thinking about it.  So, I had to get a picture.

This is Nate coloring!  Do you like Steve's clever drawing of M&M's?  Double click on the picture so that you can see it better.
Uh, when was the last time you got a full can on a flight?  It has been a while for me.  I was so delighted I had to get a picture.  Now, these biscoff cookies are SO GOOD!  They are Nate's favorite too.  If you fly on Delta-ask for the Biscoff's!  When they do their snack service.
I thought this was so interesting, to see almost a definite line on the ground of snow area, and no snow!  Have you ever seen anything like that?
My friend Catherine who just put her house on the market the very day we visited.
I got to play outside with the Dockstaders and Votava's.  We had our shoes off and were BARE FOOT, it felt SO REFRESHING!
Do ya think Nate has outgrown the car?
On Saturday we got to go to the Houston Temple.  Michael is leaving on his mission at the end of the month to go to Las VEGAS.  This is me and my Auntie Laura.

Norm, Laura, and friend Judy
Eating Chinese Food after the temple.
My GLAMOROUS-friend Sylvia.
Michael, the missionary
Ashley got to play with her friend Sami Havemann.
Playing at the Crichton's.  Look how tall Madi McLaughlin and Lindsay are.

The Crichton's.  

13 comments:

The Schwab Family! said...

Jen,this is fabulous!! It makes me way homesick, but thanks for taking so many great pictures of my family!!

Dawn said...

It was a GREAT surprise to see you!!! We had a great time chillin' in the humidity with you! Glad you had a fun visit and can't wait til the next one. Maybe I'll have a shirt that fits....I sure hope so :) It was good times hangin with the Williams!

Ariane said...

I'm so glad you guys dropped by (literally...sometimes some advance warning is nice!) I enjoyed spending time outside enjoying one of Houston's good days. I especially enjoyed hearing Ashley play the piano for me. She is getting so good!

Jennifer said...

What a fun trip. I am so happy you guys found a weekend to go.

Stephanie said...

what a fun vacation for you guys. We just decided tonight to go to Texas for spring break. My husband's sister lives in San Antonio and my kids love going there!!

Melinda said...

Hey the Dibb's you know wouldn't happen to be Brian and Kim? Just wondering.

How fun to get away for a quick weekend. We are always wasted after a trip. Hope you get some good sleep.

Denice said...

NO FAIR!!! It looks like a spectacular time... and in true Jenny fashion... didn't leave out a pic or detail for me!!! I really appreciate that... esp. since it almost seems like I should be in one or 2 of them... hugh??? Weird that we are BOTH not there, I am so happy you got to go and HORRAY to Michael... he will be an awesome missionary!!! xoxo D

Sylvia said...

Thanks for the glamour shot!haha. I loved the picture of Nate in the car. He is sure growing fast!! And you have so many fun pictures...what a great post. It really does feed into my delusion that you still live here and are just too busy to hang out with me!

I'm glad we got to see you and have lunch. I learned a lot!!!

Kelly Vowles said...

Fun times! We missed hooking up with Steve on Saturday for the a.m. run.... can't manage to pull ourselves out of bed at 0'dark hundred these days, even with the best of intentions.

Brigette Little said...

Wow! What an awesome whirlwind adventure! We'll catch you next time - glad you had a great trip! Now go take a nap!

Jill Walker said...

I'm so glad you got to go home.

So that is Aunt Laura! What a great lady!

Penrod Family said...

Jenny, your blog is absolutely wonderful, thank you for sharing. i love the pics.

Mary said...

I'm so happy you got to visit TX. Can you take me in your suitcase next time?