Friday, December 5, 2008

Festival of Trees

So, I've never been and always wanted to go, and I went today with Nate-O's class.  This picture is funny!  It shows Nate waving to Santa, and Nate kept saying Hi, but Santa never said "HI" back.  It was fake, but would move his hand and head every once in a while.
This obviously was Nate-O's favorite!  Pooh bear anything usually gets his attention!
Yep, we got to see a real Santa!  Nate was thrilled, and he was even more thrilled about the candy cane!  He doesn't even like candy canes-FUNNY boy!
These are some of the moms that we hung around...Tiffany (black shirt) she is a friend who I met in our church.  She works in the YW with me.  Then Danny Jo (pink shirt) her daughter Halley is in Nate's class, they are both sweethearts!
Nate's teacher Miss Sally!  A GEM!  He also has other aides that are just awesome!If you didn't know, the festival of trees is at a huge expo center, there are entertainers, crafts for kids, lots of yummy fudge, and other different kinds of food to buy.  The majority are tons of displayed christmas trees that have fun themes.  They are all purchased for thousands of dollars, and the money goes to THE PRIMARY CHILDRENS HOSPITAL.  What a great cause!  I did get a little teary-eyed when reading some of the stories about kids who had passed away and a tree was dedicated to them.  One tree (my fave!) was blue, silver and had tons of snowflakes.  It had a sign by it that said, snowflakes are angel kisses.  It had a beautiful 8x10 picture of a beautiful little baby and said in memory of our little angel.  Oh HEARTBRAKER!  I'm glad I haven't experienced that challenge!  I'm thankful for my miracle boy who has endured a lot of health issues!  I had to keep reminding myself of this as he is laying on the floor for what seemed like 5 min. and doesn't want to look at more trees, or throwing popcorn at the nice lady helpers as we are waiting in line to see Santa!  Or when he says "Bap-ee-ome" (translation-bathroom)  he just says it to get out of whatever is going on.  But, I have to take him, just in case he really needs to go.  Funny Fella!

4 comments:

Denice said...

So fun to see Nate, if I was there, I would have marched up to that darn fake santa to make him wave back at Nate!!! I want to go to the festival of trees, it sounds exactly what I love!!!

brandif10 said...

SOunds like fun and typical Nate. Can't wait to see him!

Brigette Little said...

How fun! Hug that sweet boy from us, and I love the new family picture!

Natalie said...

Sweet Nato, I love that kid. So glad he's around to brighten all of our lives!