Thursday, September 9, 2010

Becoming an angel over Labor Day!

Friday Sept. 3rd, we drove to Logandale, NEVADA to visit friends. We got to go boating in Fairchild's new boat. Then we all hurried back from the lake to clean up to head over to the church for Madi's baptism. Brandi was hurrying so fast, she had a tire blow on her, but she made it in time!
The baptism was beautiful!
Then we went to Fairchild's for a BBQ and swim. SOOO FUN!

Fairchilds
All the kids - like cousins!
I said "I need a pic of you two." So Colby, grabbed Jodi and kissed her, however it looks like he is biting her - Easy there Colby!
Madi - age 8

The Pink Ladies (remember that from Grease?)
Sunday, we went to church, ate Yummy food. Played games at the ball field and went to bed.
Ash & Isaah wanted to swim one more time before we left Mon. morning so they woke up @ 6am.
Now, we drive to ZION's Ntl. Park
This is on the shuttle bus.
We were being silly about this sign, however we didn't know how true it was.


On the way, we wound through this part of the hike called Walter's Wiggles.
Our first extreme ascent on our way to ANGEL'S LANDING.
The top of this close Red Mtn. is the end of the Hike!
Uh-huh! WHOA is right!
Double click on this pick to see the drop off on both sides.
Nate and I stayed here and waited for Ash & Steve to get to the top.
Nate made it 3/4 of the way, he did awesome! He LOVES hiking!
Ash & Steve became Angels because they made it to the top of ANGELS LANDING.
This is silly mom, getting a daring pic at the top. It was a rewarding hike, very extreme but super fun!

6 comments:

Jody said...

Hey!! It was so fun to see you guys last weekend! That picture makes me laugh, I cracked up when I saw that you put it on here!! Sorry if I led you astray on Angel's Landing! It looks like you guys had a good time!

Denice said...

Grand adventures girl! Thanks for posting so many pics... more the better for me! The Yukon XL is my sister's who was visiting, but Brian drives a Yukon that I will probably inherit when we get to Reno... it has 8 seats... which will good for us now. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are amazing! It's fun to check in on your many adventures! I can't believe that Madi is old enough to be baptized! I'm so glad you were able to be there and post the pictures! The Fairchild's look like they are doing well!

Penrod Family said...

YIKES!!! I would have vomitted or dropped and rolled into fetal position had I looked over the edge. Awesome job Nate and Ash, you two are fantastic! Great photos as always my cute Jenny. xoxo

hmm I am going to start documenting how many attempts it takes me to post my comments. xoxo (2)

simple mom/wife said...

What a fun time with friends again...oh, Zion!!! That really made Justin and I home sick. Zion was in our backyard growing up. We know that hike like the back of our hands. I don't think I could do that with my kiddos...good Job, Nate and Ashley!!! :)

Melinda said...

There is no way I could have done that hike! I am way too scared of heights. I can't even get on the roof any more!

It looks like it was a great weekend!