Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Trip to 3 states



We flew to St. Louis, Missouri then drove 3 hours to Keokuk, Iowa for dinner. Then 25 more minutes in a CRAZY rainstorm to Nauvoo, Illinois. Mon. July 19-22nd.

This pic is eating in St. Louis at White Castle (original makers of sliders.)
Like the poses?
In Nauvoo, playing pioneer games

Such an amazing sight, so beautiful!
Such a spiritual carriage ride around the outskirts of Nauvoo.
At the River Crossing
Carthage Jail
After having lunch in Carthage, we drove 3 1/2 hours to the airport to have a 6 hour flight delay due to maintenance. The kids were amazing travelers!

9 comments:

brandif10 said...

Looks like so much fun! I am glad you were able to do something fun with your travel benefits. I want to do that. We just need to start. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Jill Walker said...

Such amazing places I am so glad you got to go. I love the picture at the top of your blog, that is a keeper and maybe one for the Christmas card.

soda girl said...

That was a fun trip! Thank you! xoxox

Melinda said...

I want to go here so bad! How neat that you were able to go with the family. You got some great pictures.

Jennifer said...

what a fun trip. you guys got some really cute photos as well.

Penrod Family said...

Oh what a fantastic trip. Meaningful photos and some pretty awesome memories I am sure. I LOVE the spirit of Nauvoo, cannot wait for the day that I can get their again. Great post as always miss Jen! xoxo BCCB

andrea said...

looks like so much fun! love you guys- thanks for all of your help tonight. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures...it's always fun to see what's going on in your lives.

Glad to hear that the kiddos were good travelers...that always makes any vacation good.

Denice said...

OK, great family fun there in Nauvoo... one of my very favorite places! You guys always have awesome adventures!